Intelligence Officer Careers and How to Get One - Naval Intelligence Professionals - 1811 Special Agent Blog

Looking for:

1811 jobs not on usajobs login gmail 













































     


Special Agent Hiring 12 Month Roster - Page 17 - IRS - Internal Revenue Service - Federal Soup.



  Your job!    

 



   

Tags: None. Originally posted by crock View Post. Comment Post Cancel. There are only 22 open announcements for right now, 63 if you can apply for status positions. You need to decide who you want to work for instead of just applying for the position. Once you do that you can either set up USAJOBS to email you positions for a certain agency or a daily list of all positions they'll only send the first In addition, I see an issue with your approach.

You are looking for positions, not positions that will allow you to accomplish your goals or cater to your interests. Like madchicken said, "you need to decide who you want to work for instead of just applying for the position. There are a lot of jobs out there that, but most are directional towards a particular purpose, i. Think about what you want, then work from there. You should be able to narrow it down to 2 or 3 agencies at the most.

I would set up a USAJOBS alert for the positions open in area s you are willing to work and then narrow down the agencies that you may be interested in from the open announcements.

I am not trying to limit myself to a specific agency or department at this time because I want to see everything that is available and research each individual posting. If I limit myself to what I think I may want to do, I may miss out on a position I did not know about, and therefore miss out on a great opportunity.

This just happened to me with the FAM spot. I know it is not an , but I was not aware they were hiring until I saw an ad on this site. I am just trying to use the biggest net right now, then sort it down to what I want to do and where I want to do it. Thanks for the quick replies. Let's also remember not every agency uses USAJobs for hiring.

You probably want to make checking in on boards like this part of your job search routine. FAM is an series job Just need to go to the agencies you are interested in and look at their web sites Most have POC's on employment I am not above applying for openings, I was just hoping to come is as an if possible. I will set up those alerts.

I also have apps in on a local LEO opening so I am lurking on a daily basis anyway. I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't stay up to date on openings. What I meant was, law enforcement positions vary greatly in their workload and lifestyle and it is important to know what the job is like before you spend a great deal of time monitoring the hiring news, applying, and going through the hiring process.

Just because it is an doesn't mean it's going to make you happy. I think that if you determine what you want and what you can cope with you'll be able to narrow your targets down to a few agencies. This will make monitoring their hiring openings much easier. With that all said, I found one of the best ways to keep up to date is by monitoring this forum.

Of course, this type of advice is not a science and if you have your hearts set on being an "FBI Agent," then by all means keep trying your " reach " agency. Unfortunately, I have repeatedly met applicants who are waiting for that call from the FBI; not understanding it will never come.

I once had a good personal friend a cop with masters degree who was finishing the hiring process with the FBI at age During this timeframe, I encouraged him to simultaneously apply for a Direct Hire announcement with HSI which offers location at the onset and is a fast tracked process just in case the FBI did not give him a final offer; he declined.

My friend was committed to the idea of becoming an "FBI Agent" and fulfilling a childhood dream; he was convinced that the recruiter would call him any day with an academy date. Unfortunately, a few months before ageing out, the FBI declined to hire him due to a perceived issue with his law enforcement record which I thought was b. Had my friend concurrently applied to HSI, he would have had a second shot with a completely separate agency.

Applicants often don't appear to understand that Special Agents work for a number of federal agencies with similar opportunities and important investigative missions. Think of it this way: If you want to become a doctor, and did not get a job at Stanford; would you turn down a position at UC Davis?

I sincerely hope your answer is in the negative. I advanced with all three agencies, however, HSI offered me a position and my preferred location one month before I got the call from DEA. At that point, I was thankful to HSI for the opportunity, saw their incredible mission and realized it was a great fit for my personality; not to mention I already got my first choice office!

To this day, I have never regretted my choice to stick with HSI. I am also going to let you in on a little secret. Many people employed by the other major federal agencies i. However , sometimes special agents do voluntarily switch agencies due to family events, personal growth or preferential geographic locations. Like a doctor working at several hospitals throughout their career, once you become an , the opportunities to switch agencies will routinely be available to help further your own personal goals.



Comments

Popular Posts